It was about time for a new bracket, and what better reason than the holidays to churn one out?! Below you will find The Official PFB Christmas Movie Bracket! 64 movies, 4 regions, only one Survivor, er I mean winnner.
As with all brackets, I am expecting to field some smoke as a result of movie seeding. So a couple of notes regarding the methodology.
- Films were split into 4 regions to ensure they are face comparable movies for as long as possible before the final decisions need to be made. Those regions are:
- Classics (1940-1989)
- Modern (1990-Present)
- Movies were seeded based on their composite score relative to the other movies in their region. A number of factors were included in the composite score including:
- Number of IMDb Review
- IMDb Average Review Score
- Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score
- Since this is a Christmas Movie bracket, I stayed away from critics score because critics are harsh on the genre and some of the real classics have been tanked by critics (It’s gonna be okay, Jingle All the Way)
- Due to the sheer volume of Christmas Movies that exist, especially since 1990, many movies did not score high enough to make the cut in the Modern region. Those films are:
- Four Christmases
- The Santa Clause 2
- Fred Claus
- Almost Christmas
- Christmas with the Kranks
- The Christmas Chronicles 2
- Jack Frost
- The Preacher’s Wife
- Happy Christmas
Alrighty, I think that about does it! Click the printable bracket below, make sure to select “Scale to Fit” in your print settings, and, above all else, print enough for the whole family. Because what says “Merry Christmas” more than screaming at your little cousin about their terrible taste in Christmas Movies?!
Keep the change, ya filthy animals!